Welcome to the Spring City Cycling Club!
The Spring City Cycling Club (SCCC) of Huntsville, Alabama was founded in 1892 (yes, over 120 years ago!) for the purpose of the promotion and development of bicycling for sport, fitness, recreation, transportation, and safety education. The Club organizes a wide variety of bicycling activities suitable for all biking enthusiasts. There are club sponsored rides
every week throughout the year. The club participates and promotes bicycle advocacy
for Huntsville and the surrounding areas. The club also organizes an annual USAC Race
in the summer, and a century
tour in the fall. Find out more about the benefits of club membership and join today
The 2020 All-You-Can-Eat Century is ON for September 19, 2020. Join Spring City Cycling Club as we proudly host the 36th Annual All You Can Eat Century. Alabama's most scenic and rural ride is back for 2020 with new route options and an additional rest stop. As always, Cyn Shea's will be catering our epic post-ride meal.
The rides calendar is back. Due to CoronaVirus concerns please read the information below to make the rides as safe as possible.
Full statement here.
Be aware that all restrooms at public parks are closed/locked.
Be safe out there and we will see you on the other end of this crisis.
With our daily lives being impacted by coronavirus and the many questions from our members regarding possible impacts on our events, we'd like to provide some tips on prevention.
- Stay at home if you begin to feel unwell, even with mild symptoms such as headache and slight runny nose, until you recover. (WHO)
- Practice a no touch policy. Avoid shaking hands, kisses, hugs, giving a rider a push or a pat on the back and the like.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth (WHO)
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue (CDC)
- On the ride, no snot rockets or spitting, or... drop off the very back of the group to perform this act.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. (CDC)
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects (handlebars, water bottles, gloves,etc) using a regular household detergent and water prior to disinfection. (CDC)
Attention Redstone Arsenal Riders:
Effective immediately recreation badge acceptance and issuance for access to the arsenal is suspended due to the arsenal going under Health Protection Condition Bravo.
Attention Hampton Cove Riders
Old 431 from Eastern Bypass to Cherry Tree is now closed (Feb 3, 2020) for up to two years.
Flint River Greenway parking lot will not be accessible during the road work. This includes ride that start there as well as exiting there if you start on the west end of the greenway behind Publix. The best detours will be going out the back of Hampton Cove like you're heading to Gurley and turning right on McMullen Rd or crossing 431 to the Walmart Side and picking up Taylor Rd or Big Cove Rd and heading south to OXR and then heading back north on Old 431 to get to Cherry Tree Rd or Cave Spring Rd.
Spring City Cycling Club Officers meetings will be Zoomed until further notice.
Attention Redstone Arsenal Riders
New and updated regulations have recently gone into effect on Redstone Arsenal. Don't get stopped by the garrison police for doing the wrong thing or being in the wrong place at the the wrong time. Click HERE for more information.