Welcome to the Spring City Cycling Club!
The Spring City Cycling Club (SCCC) of Huntsville, Alabama was founded in 1892 (yes, over 120 years ago!) for the purpose of the promotion and development of bicycling for sport, fitness, recreation, transportation, and safety education. The Club organizes a wide variety of bicycling activities suitable for all biking enthusiasts. There are club sponsored rides every week throughout the year. The club participates and promotes bicycle advocacy for Huntsville and the surrounding areas. The club also organizes an annual USAC Race in the summer, and a century tour in the fall.
- Monthly Meeting, March 10, 6:30pm – Location: Newk's Express, 4925 University Dr., Huntsville.
Time: 6:30pm if eating, otherwise 7:00pm
Program: Chris Leven of Bicycle Cove will demonstrate how to get your bike tuned-up and ready to go for the spring riding season.
- St. Patrick’s Party and Potluck on Saturday, March 8th starting at Noon. The Club will provide Irish Stew and Soft Drinks. Claudia and Marty Pols Home at 5715 Macon Dr. S.E., Huntsville, AL 35802
- Congratulations to the new Board members: President Lance Classen, Vice President Ernie Thomas, Secretary Tricia Hart, Treasurer Laurie Cooklis, Community Affairs Ken Rex, Membership Director Tim Kall, Newsletter Editor Regi Northover, Race Manager Morgan Andriulli, Rides Captain (Open), Webmaster Dean Della Pella
- ALDOT public meeting about Highway 72 E. road improvements. It will be at Riverton Middle School on Homer Nance Road at 5-7:00pm December 3rd.
- An amended SCCC Constitution has been posted.
- City of Huntsville is kicking off a new campaign to become a more bicycle-friendly city on May 6th. This campaign is intended to promote awareness of and educate all Huntsville citizens on cyclists and bicycle safety, and to increase the number of cyclists in Huntsville.
- We still have a few 2012 SCCC Jerseys in stock, the price is $75. We ordered the Axis Short Sleeve jersey from Hincapie Sportswear. Click here for more information. Contact Dean Della Pella if you would like to purchase one.
- The SCCC has instituted a member incentive program called the Participation Points Program (PPP). Read all about it and start earning points!
- Dangerous Dog Bill Passes for Madison County One good outcome of the 2010 Election was the passage of the Madison County Dangerous Dog Bill. Now civil penalties can be assessed against owners of Dangerous Dogs (The definition of a ‘Dangerous Dog’ is yet to be defined.) The amendment appeared on the ballot November 2 thanks to local legislative representive Randy Hinshaw, who was voted out of office on Tuesday.
- The city of Huntsville has formed a Bicycle Safety Committee that will be meeting regularly in response to increased calls for improved bicycle awareness. Members of the SCCC and Alabike are among the committee members. City of Huntsville web page is now online.