All-You-Can-Eat Century Ride 2014
September 20, 2014
Join us September 20th for the 30th annual edition of the All-You-Can-Eat Century. Alabama’s most scenic, well-supported, and well-fed century is back for 2014 and bigger and better than ever.
Riders from all over are coming to Alabama to check out our great roads. The All-You-Can-Eat Century puts you onto the best secret stash of asphalt in the state. The 106-Mile Century route travels the stunning 17-mile stretch of TN-97/AL-65/CR-146 that is a designated Alabama Scenic Byway through the shaded Paint Rock Valley to the top of Skyline Mountain. The ‘Super Metric’ 67-mile route traverses the shaded, remote Butler Mill Road along the Paint Rock River, one of the most scenic stretches of road in the region.
Alabama Backroads Century Series
The All-You-Can-Eat Century is part of the Alabama Backroads Century Series. ABCS is a collective of the top century rides in Alabama that challenges riders to complete any four full 100-mile rides throughout the season, and to promote recreational riding throughout the state. Alabama is a well-kept secret of good roads and great riding.
Riders will receive a custom 'Centurion' medal for each event completed, a commemorative embroidered patch showing each ride location and recognition as a Centurion on the website on completion of the four rides. It's a great incentive to get out and ride the roads around the state. Check out the website and plan your season now!
- Routes for Cyclists of All Abilities! Chose one of four scenic routes, from a moderate 34-mile loop to the challenging 106-mile Century.
- Registration/Check-in opens 6:30am
- Course open from 8:00am to 4:30pm
- 106-mile Century begins at 8:00am
- 50/67-mile rides begin at 8:05am
- 34 mile ride starts at 9:00am
- Meal served from 12:00 - 4:30pm
- Location: Madison County High School, 174 Brock Road, Gurley, AL 35748 On Hwy. 72, 10 miles east of Huntsville. View the online map.
- Please, no headphones. Helmets must be worn. Field limited to 600 riders.
- After the ride, enjoy a delicious pasta meal professionally catered by “Nothing But Noodles”. Choose from Basil Pesto with Chicken, Angel Hair Pasta Primavera, or Gluten Free Primavera.
Pre-Registration is $45 Sept. 7 thru Friday, September 19.
Day-of registration is $50, so register now!
SCCC members receive a $10.00 discount.
Friday Packet Pickup: TBD
, Peggy Ann Bakery, Sharp Communications, Piggly Wiggly, Bicycle Cove, Bicycle Works, Bicycles Etc., Blevins Bicycle Co., Madison Cycles, Trailhead and Huntsville Amateur Radio Club.